Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, April 15, 2011

When Winning = Losing

A friend of mine from work likes to make bets with me from time to time, and the wager is always beer. Here's a fer-instance; back in January, we were in the middle of one of the worst winters on record. All you heard about were airline cancellations, due to the weather. I was seriously sweating being able to fly out on time for the famed Feb vacation, so my friend said she could guarantee good weather on the day of the flight. The wager; a case of Bass Ale. The day came, the weather was clear, and Bill, Matt and myself flew out on time. (I happily settled the bet upon my return.)

Fast forward to the current goings-on with the bike. My friend and I had another bet going; how much the insurance company would pay-out, on my bike. The bet was just a 6-er this time, and the bet was whether or not the insurance check would be for $17k. She thought it would be, I was fairly certain it would not be. The insurance company called this week. Suffice to say, I won the bet.


Not only did I win the bet, but sadly: I won it by a vast margin.

Yes, the bet was only for one 6-pack. I guess she felt she owed me two of them because how far off from $17k it was.

Yay, I won beer. Damn...I have no bike...

No comments: