Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WTF IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?

In my last post (from earlier this morning), I mentioned I'd had a stroke of good luck in that the monies came together and I was able to pick up the bike yesterday. Well, the wheels have fallen off the F'ing cart again and at this point, the only stroke I'm dealing with is the one that's popping the blood vessels in my brain.

"I'll register it today and will be riding tonight." HA! I should have known better than to jinx myself.

I went to the local Framingham Registry office this morning to get myself legal...only to find that officre has recently been closed. F'ing Awesome. Back to the internet to locate the next closest one. Ok, there's one about 15 minutes away. Nevermind, they don't handle new registrations, only renewals. Ok, where's the next one...ok, 25 minutes away. Nope, they don't do new registrations either. Ok, moving further out...where is the closest location that handles new registrations. Ok, here we go; 35 minutes away. Directions seem easy enough, off I go.

Traffic's not too bad, and I arrive in decent time. The lines are long, but they're moving quickly, and in about 15 minutes, I'm at a counter, handing my paperwork over. Whew! I'm close to riding!!

Can you hear that screeching sound in the background? Yeah, that's the brakes being slammed once again on this entire F'ing fiasco. You see; the bike I just bought had a lien placed on it way back in '08 when it was bought. That lien was satsified and dismissed months ago, and the lending bank issued a Release of Lien form. It was part of my paperwork that I got from the dealer I bought the bike from. It was part of the paperwork I had my insurance agent look through yesterday to make sure I had everything I needed and that I'd be in good shape (they said I was good to go).

So anyway, back to the screeching brakes. It seems the lien release form is a photocopy, it's not the original. So? So the Registry wouldn't accept it. The lady even checked with her supervisor and he said no. ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! Can you hear the blood pounding in my head??!?!?!?!?

I called the bank that had the lien (YEARS ago!!) and filled them in on what was going on and explained that I needed them to mail me an original release form. They. Have. Never. Had. To. Do. This. Before. NEVER!!!!!!!!!

So anyway, the lady at the bank was very nice and said she would have this sent out to me ASAP. The problem is that the last time someone told me something would be sent right out (the insurance check), it took a week to arrive. This lady sounded much nicer than the insurance claims guy (Mark S..."S" for shithead), but even so, the bank is in NY so that will add some travel time to things. Hopefully it'll arrive in less than a week, though, and I can try pushing forward again.

That is, unless something ELSE comes along to get in the way.

Words cannot begin to convey the level of rage I am experiencing.

No comments: