Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, April 8, 2011

From Bad to Worse

The dealership called yesterday to let me know the adjuster had been out (AGAIN) to look at the bike (AGAIN). Apparently he didn't like what he saw. The dealership said the word the adjuster tossed out was "totalled". (Where is that insane screaming sound coming from??? Oh, I'm sorry, it's coming from me.)

This makes less than zero sense to me. The F'ing bike ran fine for FIVE months before I brought it in!! What the Hell is going on!?!? The dealership really had no help to offer (shockface!), saying it's now in the adjuster's hands. So I called the adjuster and left yet another message. (None of my earlier ones have been returned, why should I expect anything different this time around?)

And then I called the insurance company, and left yet another message. (None of my earlier ones have been returned, why should I expect anything different this time around?)

And then I called the adjuster again and left ANOTHER message. (None of my earlier ones have been returned, why should I expect anything different this time around?)

Are you seeing a pattern here?

I just called the insurance company again and (PRAISE BE TO ALL THAT IS HOLY) got through to someone. They put me on hold and called over to the adjuster's office to see where things stand. Well, it turns out the adjuster's office doesn't have the paperework in from the adjuster yet (FROM TWO DAYS AGO!!) so they don't know what the story is. (Right about this time, I started to slowly stab a freshly-sharpened pencil into my eyeballs to help ease the pain.) They left a message with the adjuster's office, who left a message with the adjuster, to find out what's going on. I expressly asked that I get a phone call back when something is found out. Wanna take odds that I get that call? Yeah, me either.

If it is totalled, then the whole claim gets moved over to a diffeent department because the insurance rep I've been dealing with (Oh, I mean; leaving a bunch of unreturned messages for) doesn't handle total losses.

At this point, I'm walking around with a portable defibrillator in hand. I'm going to need it any second now.

No comments: