Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, August 27, 2007

5 1/2 weeks and counting

What to blog about today? Nothing new with the bike...no projects were attempted this weekend...just a little cleanup on the trees to facilitate re-assembly - whenever that happens to come into being.

I've made the (smart) decision to hold off on installing the suicide clutch/jockey shift setup - but only for the moment. The main focus right now is to get rolling again, hopefully in time to catch up with the Olean crew somewhere along their route. And a scenario where I'm trying to make up as much time as I can is not the time/place to start learning a new clutch/shifting process.

However, the meeting-up-with-Olean scenario still hinges upon the continuing-to-be-unreliable HD factory. I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to pick up the one fork which has arrived and will install it tomorrow night (one less thing to get done when crunch time comes). While I'm there, I'll try and get a definitive answer as to whether there's a fork in my near future.

5 1/2 weeks and counting... F'ing ridiculous.

Ride Hard, Take Chances.

No comments: