Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pipes, projects and possible plans…

One thing I forgot to mention regarding using wrapped pipes; you may have to re-jet your carb (or re-tune your module, if you’re running EFI). Because your gases are flowing faster (and you’re getting better combustion), you may need to run a leaner jet. Once the bike is together, I’ll see how she runs and go from there. If I need to re-jet, I’ll post that process on here as well.

Speaking of the pipes; I was re-thinking my decision to hold off on installing them. I think I’ll try to get those installed and broken in this weekend. That’ll just be one less thing standing between me and having the bike rolling again.

Another mini-project coming up will be….Music! Those long road trips can wreak havoc on your brainstem (especially if you get some wretched song stuck in your head), so having some music along for the ride will be key. I picked a system up off of eBay for about $50. (Just do an eBay search for “Vidsonix” if interested – they appear to normally sell the amp separately, but I found one auction where it was included for free.)

Not sure how I can go wrong with this (but if there’s a way, rest assured that I’ll find it). If I get a chance, I’ll give installation a shot this weekend.


I’ve got a bit of a plan in mind at the moment, but it all depends upon Harley…and considering how reliable they’ve been of late, I should have my head examined for even banking any kind of plan upon their performance. But I’m keeping my fingers crossed and we’ll see how things shake out. Hoping to have an answer on Friday – that’s when I call the dealership to see if the elusive fork has been shipped. If it has, hot-diggity, my plan might happen. If not, then I kick myself for my unwarranted optimism and go back to sitting in a dark corner, knees clasped to my chest, rocking back and forth while muttering incoherently.

Let’s hope for the former, shall we?

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: