Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Half In-Hand

Just returned from the dealership; left fork is in-hand and will be installed tonight. I inquired about the elusive right fork (ERF) and was told it’s still on backorder…but then the guy noticed that it was also listed as “packing stage” which means it’s being prepped for shipping. He called the factory to clarify and sure enough; it’s being shipped today and the dealership should have it in 3 or 4 days. So at least there seems to be an end to the torture in sight.

However, it looks like my plan to get the bike together on Thursday and ride overnight out to Olean in time for Friday’s departure, won’t happen. It appears the best I can hope for now is that it will show up on Friday. That’ll allow me to get the bike rolling and then meet the Olean crew up in NH for the overnight at Joe’s house. (Probably more likely is that I’ll get the call on Saturday – when I’m in Maine.)

Oh well, at least it’s (almost) finally here, right?

Pics and left-side install will be posted tomorrow…

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: