Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's Saturday morning and we're still down in Coatesville, PA. I found a bit of a wifi signal, but to access it, I have to sit up next to the office (can't pick up the signal in the cabin). Oh well - we do what we gotta do. I'm short on time so this will be a quick/summary post...

We made it down on Thursday, w/out any probs. Hit a couple hours of rain, but nothing that was too heavy or too soaking. Got checked in, got beer, got dinner at a local sports bar, then hung out back at camp until about midnight-thirty. The crew was up on time, showered & ready and we rolled out of the campground at 7:35 ay-em. Made decent time to the brewery and did the tour. Had a couple of samples (yum) and then rocked and rolled our way to a local (inactive) coal mine which hosts tours and such. After that, we checked out the 'ghost town' of Centralia - that was pretty intense to see what the underground fire has done to the surface. After that, we shot back to the cabin, showered up and hit the sports bar again. Tried to catch our beloved Pats, but they weren't able to pull that game up. Then it was back to the camp for a bit of a campfire and more beer, finally crashing out at a little after 1 am. This morning's alarm was about as pleasant as you'd imagine, but we're up...showered...and getting ready to hit it again. The morning fog is clearing off, the radar shows no rain for today...we should be in good shape.

I'll go into more detail when we're settled - probably not until I get back home, though. Oh yeah; I was going to post some pics...I brought the camera...I brought the USB cable to download them...but I forgot to load the camera's driver onto this laptop - which means no pics for the moment. But I'll get them loaded later (also; when I get back home).

That does it for this morning's entry. Time to kick the tires and light the fires!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: