Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, August 31, 2007

Pay Attention, Stupid!!

Do you notice anything different between the two pics? (Aside from the placement of the towel.)

I was so excited to have one fork installed that I totally spaced on what I'd forgotten. Then, out of the blue last night on the way home, it hit me like a Saturday night sucker-punch; I'd forgotten to put the can on the fork before I installed it! F**K!!! What an idiot I am!! I gotta pay more attention to what I'm doing...


And with all the trouble that the fork had given me, I figured sure as hell that it wouldn't come back out, and that I was truly...forked. But I got home and set to 'er, to see what I could accomplish. Amazingly enough; I was able to coax it back out, get the can on and the fork installed again. That looks more like it, eh?


(Turns out that the mounting plates on the tops of the cans were also bent from the accident, so I had to work a little hammer-magic on those to get them to line up properly so that the cans won't be digging into the new lower sliders.)


Now if only my other fork will show up today....please, please, please...

No comments: