Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fork me? Fork YOU!

Just called HD to check on the missing fork. Unreal. So-f'ing-unreal. It's now on back-order and isn't scheduled to be released from the factory until August 23rd...which means the dealership won't receive it until MAYBE August 30th. I don't get it; I was just at the factory this past weekend. They had bins and bins and bins of lower-sliders. Just slap a frikkin' fork leg into one of the sliders and send it on up.

So I started calling all the HD dealerships within a 100-mile radius. One of them sent my hopes skyrocketing when they said their system showed one in stock, but when they went to physically check, it was no dice. So I kept going through the list. After calling 18 different dealerships, the result was the same; el crap-o for Dave-o.

Looked on eBay again, too. Nada.

In addition to missing out on the daily riding for another 2+ weeks, this means that I'm screwed on the next m'cycle trip I have scheduled. Supposed to head out to Olean on the 29th to meet up with a crew out there and then ride up to Maine for Labor Day weekend. The best-case scenario I'm looking at now is to pick up the fork on the 30th, slap the bike together that night and then catch up with the NY crew somewhere along their path on Friday.

I want to be so frikkin' po'd right now, but again; the only person I can really be mad at is myself - which doesn't really do very much towards making me feel any better.

No comments: