Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Got the time tick, tick, tickin' in my head

Time is winding down - bikes are sitting at the ready...bags are just about full and packed...we're almost on vaca. Just a few more hours and I'm off...

Some quick notes to keep everyone caught up; I just called HD to see if my forks had come in...the left one did, but not the right one. Who the hell ships just one fork? Oh...I guess HD does... But think about it...you're picking orders at the plant...in comes an order for a pair of forks...so you walk over, sign out a left one and then what...forget about the right one? You can't tell me that they don't have them in stock... But I digress.

Just rec'd a text from the bro who underwent eye surgery, saying that he's in for the trip. He can't take his bike as that would be too much stress on the eye, but he can go in the chase vehicle. Yeah, that's right, I said it; 'chase vehicle'. See, it was just going to be 4 of us, all on bikes. But then another bro said he'd like to go but his bike is down so he said he'd bring a vehicle and we said sure, why not. Besides, now we can bring a bigger cooler for more beer...er...I mean..more food (wink, wink).

My risers (3" pullback) showed up yesterday!! I've kicked around the idea of throwing some risers on for some time and since I currently have the whole front end off of the bike, I figured now is as good a time as any. Check 'em out; nice and shiny...pretttttty! 'Course...right now is the cleanest they will ever be. Once they go on the bike...well...let's just say I'd rather ride the bike than clean it.




I also scared up a shifter 'ball' for the jockey setup I'm going to install. Check it out - too kool for skool! If I'm feeling especially inventive, during the off-season I might try to wire in some lights into the eyeballs so they light up. Whikkid cool idea...we'll see if anything comes of it, though...


Oh yeah - I still haven't shown you a pic of the bike, have I? That's pretty frikkin' rude of me. Hold on...




*Sigh* not a very happy sight, is it? It's up on a jack-stand right now. The SHINY new front wheel assembly is in the lower left corner - look how the light just gleams off all that new metal. Which reminds me that I'm going to have to do something about the rear rim...when this all gets slapped back together, the rear one is going to look out of place unless I do some cleaning up.


(Hey...what's that in the right-hand side of the pic? Why...it looks like an aw-then-tick Shovelhead engine!?!?! Yep...that's another project on the plate...maybe during the off-season...you know; when I'm not wiring lights into eyeballs and such.)


Ok, I think that about covers things. Rendezvous time is oh-seven-hundred hours tomorrow morning, with a departure of oh-seven-thirty. Oh yeah; I'm going to bring a laptop with me and if I can find any kind of wifi signal, I'll be checking in and (trying to) post some pics.


Have a great weekend - I know I'm going to.


Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: